This weekend it’s finally time for the first edition of the New York Super Trunk Show. Held on Manhattan, on Upper East Side between Madison Ave and Central Park. We’ll gather more than 15 exhibitors from all over the world, host a patina exhibition, and the inaugural U.S. Championships of Shoe Shinig. Here’s some practical info ahead of the event, for those who plan to visit, and on the live streaming we will do for those who can’t attend.
The event is organised by The Shoe Snob blog, Shoegazing and Kirby Allison, and takes place at at The Kosciuszko Foundation on 15 E 65th St. It’s an event that we’ve wanted to do for many years, but Covid put plans on hiatus for a while, but now it’s finally happening, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. Below is the full schedule for the day:
11am-7pm Trunk show open for the public, FREE OF CHARGE AND NO REGISTRATION NEEDED. Exhibitions with:
Kirby Allison (shoe care and accessories)
Saphir (shoe care)
TLB Mallorca (shoes)
Dapper Woodworks (organisation accessories)
Divij Bespoke (clothes)
Dominic Casey (shoes)
George Lyon (shoes)
Norman Vilalta (shoes)
Old House Provisions (shoes)
The Last Shoemaker (shoes)
Hercules Mulligan will serve drinks during the day.
On display are also the top three shoes in the World Championships of Shoemaking, and winner in the shoe patina world champs.
11.15am-5.15pm (1 hour break 2.45-3.45pm) Shoe patina exhibition in collaboration with Saphir and Bridlen Shoemaker.
3.00-3.30pm Final of the U.S. Championships in Shoe Shining in cooperation with Saphir and Bridlen Shoemaker, 1st prize shoes from Bridlen, Saphir shoe care kit, gold medal. (More info in qualification post here)
7pm Event closes.
Here’s the Facebook event page, all help spreading the word these final days is appreciated. You may read all about the event and the exhibitors, contests and partners in this article, below is some practical info ahead of Saturday:
– The venue The Kosciuszko Foundation is a Polish organisation that work with educational and cultural exchange with the US, and they have a lovely old town house which we will host the event in. As mentioned, it’s located on 15 E 65th St, with street front entrance. There is no mandatory cloakroom service, of course, restrooms can be found.
– At 11.00am we open the doors to the public, and we carry on all day until 7pm in the evening. Given that it’s the first edition, it’s hard to assess visitor numbers, but of course we hope that many will come. At times it may be a bit crowdy around some exhibitors tables, be prepared for that, have patience, respect each others and it always work out just fine.
– Most exhibitors will have lots of samples on display. If you try on Ready to Wear shoes, please try them on carefully, don’t walk away with them in the venue. If you place orders, some exhibitors will accept credit cards, some will use mainly PayPal for the transaction. In some cases there’s exclusive offers during the day, so keep your eyes open for a good deal. And remember, one important thing to be able to keep doing these events is that the brands get sales and value from participating.
– We’ll have Hercules Mulligan present serving drinks. It’s free for all visitors. Do enjoy, but of course, drink responsibly.
– The patina exhibition will start already 15 minutes after opening, so at 11.15am, and will be finished at 5.15pm. Here Greg Park There Greg Park of Han Core Patina and Chris Dillon of American Patina, together with Steve “Shack” Shackleton will paint a pair of Bridlen crust leather austerity brogues, using Saphir products. Do check the amazing development that will take place here, you’ll be amazed, and the guys will gladly talk shoe patina, shoe care and what not with visitors.
– At 3pm we’ll host the inaugural U.S. Championships of Shoe Shining, where Levi Elliot, Sunny Yoo and SSG Chadwick Winget will battle it out for the title, and shine a new Bridlen shoe with Saphir products in just 20 minutes. There will be bar tables for the polishing contestants and jury presenting winners. It will likely be crowdy, but should hopefully work well.
– The top three shoes from the World Championships of Shoemaking competition, plus the patina world champs winner, will be on display the whole day. Please, if you lift them up, do handle them carefully, but make sure you admire the work.
– We aim at live streaming from the shine champs at 3pm (EDT), and around 5pm when the patina artists are finished we’ll show their work, and do a tour of the venue. It will be here on Shoegazing.com and on Shoegazing’s Youtube channel. We’re not sure how wifi will work, but fingers crossed things should run smoothly. There will also be lots of films coming out later by Kirby Allison, and also most likely from others as well.
– In social media we’ll use the hashtag #supertrunk for the event, please use it when you post pics in social media. And it’s a great way to follow what happens and see lots of nice shoes, for those of you who can’t visit the event.
Hope to meet many of you on Saturday, me, Justin FitzPatrick and Kirby Allison look forward to it a lot!